I made heavy brackets from 3 x 2 inch x quarter angle steel to attach the portal frames to. Additionally, I modified the apex cleats that were supplied with the shed to hold the mirror halves of the frames together with. I cut these in half and used them as bolting points to attach to the fabricated brackets ... although I added a couple more holes in each case.

Bob Gilmour studio workshop in Julatten, Australia Bob Gilmour studio workshop in Julatten, Australia

Initially, I only tacked the brackets to the container sides in case I needed to change the spacing. Once in place, I used ropes and props to manhandle the bolted-together portal frames into place. At this stage, I hadn't figured what to do about the foundation end, other than pack the colums up temporarily until I could get some frame of reference to level everything up against.

Bob Gilmour studio workshop in Julatten, Australia Bob Gilmour studio workshop in Julatten, Australia Bob Gilmour studio workshop in Julatten, Australia

Since the block is sloping and I've not done any site survey, I'm relying mostly on 'sight' and spirit level readings to get everything close to plumb and level ... which is really as good as it needs to be. I have the house nearby to 'sight' against and also the existing shed for verticals.

The next stage is to prop up the portal colums and secure everything just enough so I can take off the ropes and props ... and then start trueing the whole lot up. I've only put enough bolts and fastenings in to hold everything together ... the structure needs to be fairly 'flexible' at this stage so I can pull it all into square. Once I've got things closer to the final position, I'll also put heavier welds on the brackets and spray/seal them etc.